Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Well That Was Disappointing

So after saying how I was going to use Adwords to raise awareness of my app, nothing has happened. Well nothing positive anyway. I created the ad last Monday. Now this being google, I sort of expected an immediate result. However, its now Wednesday (that's 9 days!) and my ad still isn't available. How do I know that? Well it certainly isn't from any obvious clue on the Adwords website. It tells me my campaign is Active. However, the Diagnostics tool, tells me none of my keywords trigger my ad. What the...? So after emails to google support, they tell me the ad is still waiting to be approved. Would be nice if the website told me that.

After reading the numerous complaints on the Adwords discussion group, I found that the new beta interface does show the ad status. This doesn't work under Safari 4 on iMac. I've fired up, Firefox and checked it out. Woohoo! It shows its 'under review'. So at least I can see that its not actually started yet. But how does it take over a week to approve approximately 140 chars of text? Seems to be a lot of people on the forums bagging Adwords and recommending yahoo or msn advertising. Might be worth a go...

Google sent me a 'how did we do?' survey email on Friday. Needlessly to say, that was a fail. I even mentioned the fact the web site doesn't show the ad status. No one suggested that I try the new interface. Grr...

Some positive news is that the app is still selling ok. Not big numbers but consistent. Will be nice if that keeps going.

No comments:

Post a Comment