Saturday, June 27, 2009

Advertising Blues

Well this online advertising is not as straight forward as it seems. My first Google ad was finally approved with limited use because it contains the word 'iPhone' which is a trademark. Limited means apparently it can be seen only in the US, which is probably ok since US is the biggest market anyway. But its still not showing in general search. It does show up on related content sites (so if you go to a taekwondo website and they have google ads showing, my ad is being displayed, I think). But I have no idea why the search is not working and google support is terrible.

I also tried to place a similar ad on Bing. It was disapproved for landing page relevancy. I got on to MS support and it was actually not rejected for that but again for trademark issues with iPhone. At least the support was nice and prompt with LiveChat.

So I am still not sure how you successfully advertise iPhone apps. I don't want to say its for a smartphone. I'll get clicks from Blackberry and Palm devices which is a total waste of time and money.

Still learning...


No comments:

Post a Comment