Friday, August 21, 2009

Lite Versions

Its the last month of winter and its 30 degrees. Celsuis - not farhenheit. Absolutely gorgeous weather. Bring on summer!

Its a Friday. I've had a pretty good couple of weeks doing some Delphi work. Now its time to get back to some iPhone lovin'. So today I've produced lite versions of Taekwondo ITF Patterns and Beach Rescue. In the case of ITF Patterns, only the first three patterns will be available. For Beach Rescue, a game will end when the player reaches 100 points.

The ITF Patterns sales have gone down a bit. Still selling but not as well as it was. I swapped war stories with the developer at Skunkscape who has done a similar program for WTF taekwondo. (Can you believe that the two best tkd apps in iTunes are develop within 100km of each other? Must be the sunny weather.) Seemed like a nice bloke. I won't discuss his sales but I was very impressed by the number of downloads that his lite version has had. So I figure its worth a try. I'm pretty confident in my app to let people try it before buying it.

Beach Rescue sales on the other hand have been pretty dismal. We'll see if a lite version can rescue Beach Rescue! With games though I do think I will have to spend some money on advertising. Still not willing to put my hand in my pocket for that just yet.

Been working after hours on another app which I hope will be ready soon. Just gathering the content for it. The programming work has all been done. Hopefully finished soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment